RE: How and when did we become "men"?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 04:23:46 EDT

    Glenn writes

    >why on earth would you not
    >consider religious activity in the form of altars to be evidence of well,
    >religion and spirituality? I may be wrong, but I strongly suspect that a
    >good case can be made between spirituality and the building of religious
    >altars. Or do you deny this link?

    Thanks for adding to the discussion, Glenn. I would guess that Dick
    and many others highly respect your knowledge of past human (I guess
    some would say "human-like") activity, myself included.

    There is a presupposition that you are making that I will expose.

    First, an introduction - no new information, really, just a way to
    reconsider evidence. Christ was born around 2,000 years ago.
    The NT says that "at the right time, Christ died for the ungodly."
    Isn't this odd? What the heck was God waiting for? Why not send Jesus
    right after the garden of Eden incident?

    Anyone who has lived a bit knows that God's timing is not our timing.
    He's usually way "behind" our plans.

    Until you can Biblically show that Adam had to be the first human,
    I see no relevance to your argument.

    But, I'd be happy to point out the irrelevance any time ;).

    Jim