RE: How and when did we become "men"?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 15:41:31 EDT

    Shuan writes

    >I have read Dick Fischer's " In search of Adam"with interest but religious
    >feelings among humans appear to predate his date for the appearance of Adam
    >and I feel that humans must have known of God ( or the gods) prior to c.
    >4000BC.

    I have problems with this response.

    A)Where is your Biblical proof that Adam is the first human?
    B)Where is your historical proof disproving Dick's work?
    C)What difference does it make if there were humans before Adam?

    >I feel that humans must have known of God ( or the gods) prior to c.
    >4000BC.

    D)What Bible have these humans written?
    E)Can their religion claim 2 billion current people?

    I could go on, but I've already answered these questions for myself.
    I just don't people to be misled by the connotations of your reply
    (not that you intended the connotation, Shuan).

    Jim