A "High View" of Scripture

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 14:49:45 EST

    In a particular essay on the Bible and on Creation in the Bible for my web site project, I shall be addressing questions regarding interpretation of Scripture and hermeneutical and other basic assumptions that believers, particularly evangelicals bring to their reading of the Bible. One expression that has come up on this list and other places I have come across is "a high view of Scripture."

        I would be grateful if anyone could steer me toward authoritative sources that define what a "high view" of Scripture is. I would also be grateful for your individual understandings or definitions of the term. I am seeking to craft a consensus understanding of this term for my essay, if that should prove to be possible. Feel free to respond either off-list or on-list.

    Thank you,
    Bob Schneider
    rjschn39@bellsouth.net