Re: Creationism/Kansas

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 08:10:31 EST

    I have to say that when I went to school -- albeit in the dark ages -- I
    recall no reference to any of these things at that time either. By the
    same token, I became aware of them from numerous other sources. I also
    was not exposed to sexuality in the 5th grad either. That too came from
    other sources.

    Either way someone gets to be in control and pushes his/her agenda via
    the school system. Just because something is true does not mean that
    absolutely must be taught in the schools. especially if not everybody
    agrees on what is true and what is not.

    I'm sure that I'll get a lot of flack about this but I see flagrant
    atheism, liberalism $ humanism taught in many public schools in my
    state. Teachers have openly said to my daughter that if she doesn't like
    it then send her children to a private school. If people fight back by
    denying others the tools, I do not blame them.

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>

    In any consistent theory, there must
    exist true but not provable statements.