Re: Creationism/Kansas

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 22:51:27 EST

    There is so much disinformation out there about what was actually approved in August, 1999, that the only way to know for sure is read the originals for yourself. So I just took a look at the KSDE (Kansas State Dept. of Education) to relocate the August 1999 Science Standards which were so controversial, only to find that they have been removed from the site. The revised February, 2001 Science Standards placing more emphasis on Evolution are the only ones now on line. So, it is not possible to read from the KSDE Internet site what was actually in the approved 1999 standards. One can read the minutes to the meetings, but that is not quite the same as reading the actual approved standards. It may be that someone might have a copy of them stored somewhere else. I'm looking.

    Allen