Re: ASA Perspective

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 19:29:01 EST

    At 10:48 PM 11/03/02 -0500, Walter Hicks wrote:
    >Jan de Koning wrote:

    > > >The material that is presented on this listserve about evolution or what
    > > >may be found on origins.org.
    > >
    > > Here we go again. Talking in generalities makes answering impossible.
    >
    >Good Grief! Try this, Jan
    >
    >http://www.asa3.org/ASA/PSCF/2001/PSCF3-01Morton.html#Evolution
    >
    >Are you trying to play games with me? These views have REPEATEDLY been
    >expressed by others since I joined this listserve a couple of months
    >ago.

    Not only that they have been expressed for years. I read many books about
    Creationism for and against.. I am not going all over the Internet to find
    out if it is exactly the same as I studied 14 years ago. My reply may be
    found in the Acts of Synod of the Christian Reformed Church 19911, pages
    367 to 413. I don't blame you either if you don't read it, but don't
    expect that I repeat everything from more than 10 years ago. This subject
    comes up time and again. The only thing I want to say: Do not expect us
    to repeat our arguments over and over again. Especially since I have said
    the last few months time and again that the reading is not only about Gen.
    1, not even Gen. 1-11 but more generally: How do you read? and then if you
    do not want to go back to basics, meaning studying the philosophy behind
    the way you read, no amount of argueing will help, as it already shows.

    And I repeat: if you believe that Jesus Christ died for you too on the
    cross, I stop talking, since from the few exchanges we had there is no end
    in sight. So read our report.

    Jan de K.