Re: ASA Perspective

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 12:58:10 EST

    Jan writes

    >or that people did not want to give the necessary time to
    >study etc..

    >As indicated above, a discussion on the subject of Bible reading, even the
    >reading of Genesis is very welcome, but only when we start with the
    >preliminaries: "How do we read God's Word?''

    I know that I am only one person, Jan, but this may be my favorite
    quote yet on the ASA listserv!!!

    I'm looking forward to you beginning the next discussion.

    As far as the time issue, I think a lot can be learned from each
    other that we wouldn't get from books. Or, it would take a lot
    longer to read books. That's why I like your quote so much. My
    guess is that there are a lot of, what is the term, lurkers, out
    there.

    And you probably get 3% of the benefit lurking as compared to
    participating. Of course, that's not scientific, just one guy's
    impression. I know that I would be bored out of my mind on the
    sidelines.

    Jim