Re: Russ Humphreys

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 07:17:31 EST

     Excellent point from Jon. I also like to know who I am talking too.

    It is downright wicked and sinful (I mean just that) to describe fellow
    christians as "apostates" or anything else e.g. Davis young dismissed as a
    'professing evangelcial'.

    I frequently disagree with Glenn and strongly but discussions are always
    carried on with freindship and vigour. He's admitted he has been wrong on
    occasions!

    Carry on Glenn and ignore that post. it was unfounded.

    Michael

    > Hi, whoever you are.
    >
    > Glenn does not normally come here anymore, so will butt in. All have
    sinned in this regard, but I must say that Glenn has, for
    > the 4 years i have been interacting with him on the net, shown far more
    courtesy than many (not all) YECs who have attacked
    > him. He does not, as a rule, go round calling people apostates,
    renegades, or accuse them on lurking in the darker corners of
    > the net, all of which have been said about Glenn. His general patience
    (which, being a sinner, sometimes fails), as been an
    > example. Before I am accused on writing a panegyric, let it be clear that
    I don't always agree with him, a fact if you have
    > been lurking here for a while you will be aware of.
    >
    > Now that you have come out, as it were, how about you introduce yourself
    properly?

    > Respectfully
    >
    > Jonathan
    >
    > DSCH34 wrote:
    >
    > > Glenn Morton wrote:
    > >
    > > I will reply
    > > openly as one should always shed the maximal amount of light on the
    > > unchristian behavior of the YECs.
    > >
    > > Jesus Christ wrote (or rather said):
    > >
    > > By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one
    another.

    > > Yes. Humphries was way out of line, and allowed his anger to get the
    better of him.

    > > But on the criteria laid down by Jesus Christ, I'd say:
    > >
    > > Humphries: 0 out of 10
    > > Morton: 0 out of 10
    > >
    > > Isn't it about time we stopped bashing people whose opinion we don't
    agree with and learn something about motes and planks?