Re: Russ Humphreys

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 18:18:15 EST

    There is a nasty current below the surface with some professing evangelicals
    in that they very rapidly decide who is a Christian and who is not.

    It is not confined to YEC and even crops up in my church the Church of
    England. I had a great problem when I was a curate (junior pastor) whne my
    vicar (senior pastor ) decided I was not a Christian because I did not tell
    everyone the date of my conversion. It caused a lot of pain for my wife and
    myself and for several years avoided evangelicals within the C of E.

    When I mentioned my posting on Glenn Morton's site on Mortenson's AIG
    version of the history of geology, I mentioned my disgust at his
    drescription of Davis Young as a "professing Evangelical" is if he were not
    a proper one.

    It is this type of thing which makes it so difficult to reason together.
    Yes, I do disagree strongly with Glenn for example. So what! One or both of
    us is wrong! I have utmost respect for what Glenn is doing.

    By the sounds of it Jon is having some problems in his church.

    Regards

    Michael

    P.S. I got Steve S wrong in a previous posting . I hope all translated his
    name to the correct one.