RE: Russ Humphreys

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 21:36:32 EST

    Hi Jonathan,

    I am no longer subscribed so this was sent to me by a friend. I will reply
    openly as one should always shed the maximal amount of light on the
    unchristian behavior of the YECs.

    [snip]

    >Any light anyone on the squalid piece of near vilification and slander?
    >Feel free to respond privately.

    As I recall the situation, circa Oct. 1998, Tim Thompson posted a critique
    of Humphreys' magnetic reversal ideas, I believe on the Evolution reflector.
    I added a few comments to it. That note was the reply by Humphreys. The
    only thing different between the copy posted on the ASA and what was
    originally posted was that originally Humphreys called me an apostate. I
    ignored that for a long while. But when I found that claim then repeated on
    AiG's website, I got fed up and took actions to get them to retract that
    falsehood. That is why in October I posted the note denying that I was an
    apostate. http://www.calvin.edu/archive/asa/200110/0251.html

    I will say that Russ was the easy one to get to change it. AiG took a bit
    more effort--they like calling people names.

    personal stories of struggle