Re: Response to: What does the creation lack?

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 01:29:25 EST

    Peter Ruest wrote (in part):

    > Comparing one case _known to have occurred_ among 6x10^9 other known
    > cases to a calculated probability estimate in the transastronomical
    > range (< 10^-80) for an event _never observed_ is fallacious logic! ;-)

    However, I must caution you that we don't know the
    odds against some kind(s) of "life" appearing somewhere
    in the universe. Clearly, _intelligent life_ is quite
    rare. As Enrico Fermi once said, "if intelligent life is
    so commonplace, where are they?" Nevertheless, this
    does not completely rule out the possibility that
    bacteria-like organisms are probable ... (yet)

    see for example
    http://www.sciam.com/2000/0700issue/0700crawford.html

    I think this article has a fairly well balanced view
    on the matter.

    By Grace we proceed,
    Wayne