Re: Phil Johnson

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 23:34:21 EDT

    In what way is your statement "there is no way one can make sense of man being
    created in the image of God in the context of any scientific theory" different to
    the satement "there is no way one can make sense of A man being created in the
    image of God in the context of any scientific theory"? In one you have the image
    of God appearing in a historical context, the other is the appearance of God in
    the context of specific individuals. If we can recognise the image of God in each
    of us, even though there is good scientific evidence on how people are conceived
    and develop (an entirely natural-seeing process), why should there be any problem
    with evolutionary processes. Conversely, if evolutionary processes are fatal to
    the image of God in the human race as a while, why not the whole process of
    conception and fetal development be fatal to the image of God in the individual?

    In terms of being laughed at by committed evolutions, I assume you mean people
    such as Dawkins, Provine et al. To such folk any theology is laughable so we
    should never let our theology be determined by them.

    GB

    Jon