RE: Phil Johnson

From: Moorad Alexanian (alexanian@uncwil.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 17:15:29 EDT

    It seems to me there is no way one can make sense of man being created in the
    image of God in the context of any scientific theory. Accordingly, such a
    concept cannot exist in any evolutionary concept of the origin of man. One can
    develop a hybrid theory to salvage the Christian faith but it is laughable by
    committed evolutionists. The same is true of the notion of the Fall of Man.
    Any explanation is as ad hoc as believing Genesis literally. Moorad

    >===== Original Message From george murphy <gmurphy@raex.com> =====
    >"Moorad Alexanian" wrote:
    >
    >> I believe that if the word evolution is understood to mean that living
    things
    >> came from nonliving and that the whole process from nonliving to humans is
    >> based solely on mutations and natural selection, then it is true that if
    >> evolution is true, then the God of the OT is nonexistent is a true
    statement.

    > I.e., if God had nothing to do with evolution then God was not
    involved
    >with the development of life. This is an uninteresting tautology.
    >
    >> To me hell is finding truth too late. I believe the later was stated by
    >> philosopher John Locke. Theistic evolutionists walk a rather thin line
    between
    >> deism and theism.
    >
    > I know of no basis at all for the last sentence. I don't like the
    term
    >"theistic evolution" because the difference between "belief in God" and
    belief in
    >the Holy Trinity is profound. But if "theistic evolution" means anything it
    isn't
    >simply "belief in God" plus "belief in evolution." It is belief that God
    creates
    >through the evolutionary process, and thus is not within shouting distance of
    >deism.
    >
    >> At times I believe they have crossed the line and have left
    >> the Lord. I hope they do not find out too late! Moorad
    >
    > & at times "creationists" have crossed various lines & "left the
    Lord",