Re: Ken Ham

From: Dale K. Stalnaker (dks@en.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 10:05:09 EDT

    Jonathan,

    Thanks for clarifying that. I have read about other creationists
    misrepresenting themselves
    as being experts when they have very little scientific background, and this
    guy is no different.
    Nowhere on that page did Mr. Ham explain what is meant by a DipEd, since if
    he did, who would
    be impressed?

    What amazes me is how easily so many people swallow what this man says.

    Dale

    At 10:12 AM 9/29/01 +1000, you wrote:
    >A Dip. Ed is NOT the equivalent of a Masters. It is a one year course
    designed to
    >equip BSc or Ba holders with enough basic teaching theory and practice to
    enable
    >them to teach in a school. teachers often upgrade their Dip Ed to either
    a B.Ed,
    >which requires another year's study. However a B.Ed can also be obtained
    through
    >undergraduate study so in no way is it equivalent to a masters either.
    This is
    >clearly another case of a YEC misrepresenting their qualifications.
    >
    >Jon
    >

    >Dale K Stalnaker wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks, Jack:
    >>
    >> I looked up Mr. Ham's credentials from his web site:
    >>
    >> "Ken's bachelor's degree in applied science (with an emphasis on
    >> environmental biology) was awarded by the Queensland Institute of
    >> Technology. He also holds a Diploma of Education (equivalent to a master's
    >> degree in America) from the University of Queensland."
    >>
    >> > Greetings:
    >> >
    >> > You will find all you want to know and more on Ken Ham's web site
    >> > http://www.answersingenesis.org/intro.asp
    >> >
    >> > A tip of the hat to the Wheaton College community for allowing all of
    us a
    >> > glimpse of the creation-evolution discussion on campus via the PBS
    special.
    >> > An impressive group of bright and articulate students! Nice to see
    >> > Walt and Keith bringing 'truth' from the outside. Where did Keith
    get that
    >> > outfit he was wearing?
    >> >
    >> > Jack Haas
    >> >
    >> > Jack Haas