Re: Ken Ham

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 09:58:08 EDT

    George Hammond wrote:

    > D. F. Siemens, Jr. wrote:
    > >
    > > On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:07:17 -0700 "Wayne Shelton" <wdshel@uswest.net>
    > > writes:
    > > > On the program, sounded like double talk to me.
    > > >

    > > Ham (the name sounds too, too appropriate) told the children to ask their
    > > evolutionist teachers who told of long ages, "Were you there?" Should
    > > someone not ask him, when he declares a Flood some four or so millennia
    > > back, the same question?
    > > Dave

    snip... my previous reply to D. F. Siemens' post.

    [Hammond]

    PS: I forgot to mention in my previous reply, that
         Ken Ham is evidently a good deal smarter than he
         appears to be... which is not to say that he is
         playing dumb.
            Siemens is apparently affronted by Ham's remark
        to the Evolutionist's "were you there?". To the
        unsuspecting this sounds like crass uneducated
        idiomancy. But listener beware, it is not.
            Fact is, as many YEC's know, including probably
        Ken Ham, Modern Man was only born 40,000 years ago,
        (Adam & Eve), therefore, NO, Man wasn't there when
        the Dinosaurs roamed Wyoming. Which means the
        human brain wasn't there, which means "reality as
        we know it" wasn't there either. Fact is, if human
        reality is the "World"... then the "World" didn't
        exist either. Fact is, the world we know wasn't
        "created" until Adam and Eve were born.
           So, Ham's remark is far from a piece of unsophis-
        ticated belligerence designed to get one's attention.
        No... it's a theology parable from a very sophisticated
        intellect.. an intellect we're going to be hearing a
        lot more from in the coming years. One of these
        days he may be able to cease speaking in parables, but
        that day awaits a further scientific awakening.

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below
    George Hammond, M.S. Physics