Re: Ken Ham

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 05:01:17 EDT

    D. F. Siemens, Jr. wrote:

    > On Fri, 28 Sep 2001 13:07:17 -0700 "Wayne Shelton" <wdshel@uswest.net>
    > writes:
    > > On the program, sounded like double talk to me.
    > >

    > Ham (the name sounds too, too appropriate) told the children to ask their
    > evolutionist teachers who told of long ages, "Were you there?" Should
    > someone not ask him, when he declares a Flood some four or so millennia
    > back, the same question?
    > Dave

    [Hammond]
      I checked out Ham a long time ago. He's o.k. I mean he's
    not a nut or a bigot or anything like that.
      The point is, everything the Creationists touch is going to turn
    to Gold, despite their outrageous scientific claims and obviously
    erroneous beliefs about Evolution.
      As a physicist, desiring to hedge my bets on the basis of
    inevitable scientific law, my analysis shows that the Creationists
    are the long term winners in the conflict between the OED's and
    the YEC's. The YEC's are going to win this time.
      The unfortunate thing is that a good many hard working scientists
    are going to get tarnished because of their unwitting anti-YEC
    posture... some of them of course deserve it, but most don't.
    I advise theologically inept hard scientists to exercise great caution
    in these public controversies. The fact is, YEC is holding an
    unbeatable scientific hand. Their trump card in fact is the
    impending emergence of a scientific proof of God which is a wave
    they are going to ride to an absolute triumph. It proves there
    was a "Biblical Creation".
      Ultimately God is going to be taught as a scientific subject in
    the public schools right alongside Evolution, it's absolutely inevitable.
    As a physicist, and a disinterested political observer, I can
    guarantee you that. And Ken Ham is going to come out of this
    smelling like a Rose, along withy the rest of the YEC's. Fact is, there
    is no scientific claim, no matter how outrageous or erroneous that
    the YEC's can make that will injure them politically.
    They are holding the trump card that the public is waiting for,
    that's why. And unlike George Hammond, Ken Ham doesn't even know
    it. Unlike George Hammond, he doesn't even have a "need to know".

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below
    George Hammond, M.S. Physics