Re: The myth of mechanism

From: Todd S. Greene (tgreene@usxchange.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 23:12:07 EDT

    Hi, John.

    I think T. V. Rajan makes good sense when he states that "it is hubris to
    think that no phenomenon is valid unless we understand its mechanism of
    action." But when the phenomenon itself, as well as the mechanism, is what
    is proposed and not observed, it's rather a moot point. Kind of "The myth
    of phenomenon" as well as "The myth of mechanism." Two myths make a good
    solid myth, is what I would think.

    Regards,
    Todd S. Greene
    http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/7755/

    ###### John W. Burgeson 6/25/01 10:43 AM ######
    An interesting story from the NYT on this subject:

    http://www.the-scientist.com/yr2001/jun/comm_010625.html

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)