Re: Watershed

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 16:22:36 EDT

    Paul,

    Thank you for these erudite observations. However, as I'm sure you would
    agree, all speculation about early Hebrew alphabets and alphabetic
    numbering systems that may have preceded the Maccabean must yield to
    certain facts as we observe them today, viz that it is by the
    application of the known Hebrew system (introduced c200 BC) to the
    Hebrew letters and words of Genesis 1:1 (as they are currently found
    written in copies of the Torah and on synagogue scrolls) that the
    geometrical and other phenomena are revealed. In other words, the
    decoding system is precisely matched to that which is to be decoded. I
    suggest the observed phenomena prove this to be divinely intended.

    Concerning the true reading of Revelation 13:18, I suggest there are a
    number of good reasons for believing the 'number of the beast' to be 666
    rather than 616, viz

    (a) generations of scholars involved in the study and translation of the
    Greek originals have clearly understood the true value to be 666 -
    otherwise why would this number unfailingly appear in the text proper
    and 616, if at all, in a footnote?

    (b) the evaluation of 'Jesus', the Christ, from the Greek (nominative
    case) is 888; hence, that of the Antichrist is more likely to be the
    counterfeit lookalike, 666, than 616;

    (c) 666 is the epitome of numerical geometry; as 'triangle of triangles'
    it features in the geometrical representation of Genesis 1:1; on the
    other hand, 616 is devoid of any such properties.

    (d) 666 as triangle is linked to two other dimensionless NT numbers, 153
    and 276 - both of which are also triangular - by the theme "out of the
    sea'; (details provided on the page "666 - and All That" at the URL
    given below).

    Regards,

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com