RE: Old or Young

From: Keith B Miller (kbmill@ksu.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 22:12:36 EST

    I forgot to state in my previous post that the revised standards passed
    last year by the board were largely written by a young Earth creationist
    group from Missouri. These standards eliminated all reference to an old
    Earth and to the Big Bang theory - essentially any items implying an
    ancient Earth. These same standards were publically supported by members
    of the Discovery Institute in letters to the editor and in press releases.
    In addition, The DI sent several of its members to Kansas to talk and lend
    their public support to the BOE members.

    I find these actions to be completely incomprehensible outside of an
    overriding commitment to the defeat of evolution, which is deemed by them
    to be the carrier of atheistic naturalism in our culture. But in the
    process ID has lost in my mind all scientific integrity.

    Keith

    Keith B. Miller
    Department of Geology
    Kansas State University