Re: Faith was: Creation Ex Nihilio and other journals

From: M.B.Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 04:54:52 EST

    Howard is spot on. One also needs to follow through Ryan and Pitman's
    arguments in Noah's Flood. I know Glenn likes it not, but the dates are
    about right.
    It has convinced an atheist Prof of Geology friend of the historical roots
    of Noah's Flood but leads him no further.
    For Glenn a 24km walk with kids and herds takes more than a day.
    One also needs to considered heightened language in Genesis.
    There is simply no way that either the flooding of the Med or the Persian
    Gulf can be Noah's Flood.
    I think George is right - focus on Christ.

    Michael Roberts