Re: leaving the faith

From: Wendee Holtcamp (wendee@greendzn.com)
Date: Sat Mar 11 2000 - 16:39:57 EST

    >make matters worse. That being said, I would still say that the only way
    >out is some form of concordism.

    What is concordism?

    The stories you mention still speak to me how powerless wisdom and
    intellectual belief are compared to having a true love for God in one's
    heart.

    Love is more powerful even than faith! (re. 1 Cor 1:13). Loving God is a
    foreign concept to so many, and is difficult for myself as well. Its so much
    easier to love people in the flesh than to love God who is Spirit. And God,
    through the Bible, says if we can't love the people in our lives than how
    can we truly love God? We can't. Its part and parcel. Look at how many Bible
    passages refer to Love versus how many refer to Wisdom!

    Yet feeling loved by God is as difficult as loving God. It is perhaps why
    some turn away. Both Peter and Judas betrayed God. One believed in God's
    forgiveness and turned back. The other killed himself.

    Wendee