Re: genesis of the rainbow

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.Colorado.EDU)
Date: Wed Jun 14 2000 - 10:44:44 EDT

    Bill,

    I think that your interpretation of Gen. 2:4-6 is the opposite of what it
    really implies. This passage seems to imply that it must have rained long
    before the Flood. Verse 5 blames lack of rain for the absence of certain
    types of vegetation--vegetation that had been in existence since the third
    day of creation, which was long before the Flood even in YEC chronology.
    If there had been no rain anywhere on earth at any time before the Flood,
    then the Scripture would be giving us the wrong reason for the absence of
    this vegetation at a particular time and place before that event.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado
    Boulder, CO 80309-0395