Re: Time window for OOL (part 4)

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 15:03:40 EST

    >>>Brian Harper: Oh, one last question. What contribution did ID researchers
    make to the results you have presented?

    DNAunion: Got me. It was not my point to show that ID has aided in these
    findings. But an ID perspective, which I have an open mind to, can allow one
    to come to different conclusions than those who dogmatically cling to a
    purely-natural OOL here on Earth despite lack of solid evidence and despite
    many contradcitory evidences.

    Based on the scientific materials I have read, I claim that:

    **********
    Life as complex and organized as the "simplest" autonomous bacterium could
    not have arisen by purely-natural means here on the prebiotic Earth in the
    amount of time available under the conditions thought to have existed at that
    time.
    **********

    The series of posts I made addresses the part dealing with time constraints,
    and touches upon the conditions portion a bit.

    If my claim is valid, it points away from the mainstream purely-naturalistic
    scenario that has been put forth during most of the last century. And ONE
    possible explanation that would fit my claim is that life that was designed
    elsewhere arrived on Earth fully formed and ready to go (once it germinated
    after arrival). In fact, I believe that many parts of this scenario fit the
    observed facts BETTER than the mainstream view. That is an ID position.

    My negative evidence against the mainstream abiogenesis scenarios (both the
    few that I have posted and the many more I still have remaining in my
    personal notes) is not positive evidence for ID: I understand that. But it
    is indirect evidence for all scenarios that don't require bacterial life to
    arise here on Earth from scratch in a few thousand to 10 million years during
    periods of heavy impacts and in a non-highly-reduced atmosphere etc.. These
    other scenarios include Panspermia, Directed Panspermia, Intelligent Design,
    divine Creation, and others that might exist with which I am unfamiliar.