ID and YEC in" Geotimes"

From: Keith Littleton (littlejo@vnet.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 16:30:06 EST

    There has been some recent articles and
    letters about Intelligent Design and Young
    Earth creationism in "Geotimes," the
    magazine of the American Geological
    Institute. They include:

    I. "Geotimes" September 2000, vol. 45, no. 10.

    Page 4, Letters
    A. 'ID' creationists in Kentucky
    B. Searching for an open mind

    Page 5, Comment by Michael W. Howell
    "How We Saved Evolution in South Carolina"

    II. "Geotimes" November 2000, vol. 45, no. 11.

    Page 7, Letters
    A. No Danger in Intelligent Design
    B. Don't argue with extremists

    III. "Geotimes" December 2000, vol. 45, no. 12.

    Not out yet, but a sidebar indicates that this
    issue will have an article titled:

    "Politics in Kansas: Why Faith and Evolution
    Don't Clash"

    Yours:

    Keith Littleton
    littlejo@vnet.net
    New Orleans, LA

      "This is wonderful for political scientists. Its an
      amazing election. There are amazing things going on.
      Its like the Mt. St. Helens of elections for us."

    Dr. Leonard Steinhorn at a political science forum
    held at Washington University on November 9, 2000.
    His voice had the same glee and awe that I heard
    in a volcanologist talking about an erupting volcano
    throwing rocks over our heads. - (From NPR
    "Morning Edition, Nov. 10)