RE: Politeness

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@ecal.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 14:28:15 EST

    Nelson:
    Just for the proper context let me quote the full text:

    "As a rule I don't respond to them over the
    Internet since it seems to me that the Internet is an unreliable
    forum for settling technical issues in statistics and the philosophy
    of science. Consequently, I have now responded to critics in the
    following three forums: _Philosophy of Science_ (under submission),
    _Christian Scholar's Review_ (accepted for publication), and Books &
    Culture (accepted for publication). I shall also be responding to
    critics at length in my forthcoming book _No Free Lunch: Why
    Specified Complexity Cannot Be Purchased Without Intelligence_
    (Rowman & Littlefield) as well as offering there a simplification of
    my concept of specification. Yet regardless how things fall out with
    my codification of design inferences, the question whether design is
    discernible in nature is now squarely on the table for discussion.
    This itself is significant progress."