RE: Politeness

From: Nelson Alonso (nalonso@ecal.com)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 14:15:10 EST

    >In a message dated 18/11/00 13:49:59 GMT Standard Time, rwein@lineone.net
    >writes:
    >
    >Richard Wein:
    > Those such as Bertvan and Stephen Jones who've implied that
    >creationists/ID
    > proponents are more polite than evolutionists might like to take note of
    >the
    > latest Metaviews article, number 098 (http://www.meta-list.org), in which
    > that nice Dr Dembski refers to Wesley Elsberry and me as "obnoxious" and
    > "Internet stalkers".
    >
    >Nelson:
    >Considering your recent behavior on the ARN board I second that notion by
    >Dembski.

    Lisa:
    I don't think Richard's personality is the issue here. Richard might be
    obnoxious, and he might be a "stalker" (whatever that's supposed to mean),
    but that doesn't tell me whether or not Richard or Wesley make some valid
    criticisms about Dembski's work. Personally, I was impressed with Richard's
    article, and I'm impressed with the way he has defended it on the ARN board.

    Nelson:
    Actually Lisa, Rich didn't defend anything on the ARN board. He simply
    insulted Mike Gene and myself and dismissed my objections.

    Lisa:
    It is not surprising then, that Dembski dismisses Richard and Wesley with a
    cheep-shot ad hominem. That was a big mistake, in my opinion. It looks as
    if they've hit a nerve.

    Nelson:
    When you have responded to the same criticism over and over again, and when
    they refuse to respond to other IDers , but just respond to Dembski, then
    you kinda get the feeling that there is something more going on. Let Wesley
    and Rich publish their material in the forums Dembski provided, then they
    will be taken seriously. Otherwise, their motivation is obvious.