Re: ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who or wh...

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 15:17:06 EST

    >>4. I don't think that believing Stephen's dogma when it's false is only
    >>"very mild bad". If this is really the only life that I have, I don't
    >want
    >>to waste it on a lie.
    >
    >On the other hand, recent scientific (?) studies indicate a positive
    >health benefit. For the average person, spending an hour in church and
    >throwing ten bucks in the plate is more beneficial than spending an hour
    >in a bar and giving the ten bucks to the bar keep.
    >
    >billwald@juno.com

    in that case allow me to recommend Unitarian-Universalism. It has all
    the advantages of church without the disadvantages. You can toss
    money in the plate, listen to a good sermon and not be required to
    believe the unbelievable.

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/