Rearrange the data to suit your purposes & you can prove anything!

From: silk (smbc1@wxs.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 03:47:01 EST

    Silk here:Was that a positive mental or physical benefit? To the gullible
    "recent scientific studies" can prove anything! we believe so many things we
    know aren't true!
    i.e.
     Some valuable "things", if they are to be realized, must be personally
    felt & one must be "touched" & telling alone don't usually get it! Out of
    desperation a caring woman to open the eyes of her son, husband & sister,
    heavy drinkers all three, placed two bottles on the table one
    containing gin & one containing water. She then placed a worm in the bottle
    of water, the worm simply swam to the top & crawled out. She then placed
    it in the bottle of gin whereabouts it immediately disintegrated. She
    smugly remarked "well there you have it!" Her husband, replete & armed
    with smirk & chip on shoulder, smiled & ob-served "I see that if
    one drinks they won't get worms!" One usually hears & perceives
    exactly what they "choose to" based on their values, beliefs &
    prejudices.

    From: Susan Cogan On the other hand, recent scientific (?) studies indicate
    a positive
    health benefit. For the average person, spending an hour in church and
    throwing ten bucks in the plate is more beneficial than spending an hour
    in a bar and giving the ten bucks to the bar keep.