Re: New list?

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 15:18:41 EST

    >At 08:44 AM 10/31/00 +0000, Richard wrote:
    >>If the Calvin evolution list really does close down soon, as seems likely, I
    >>wonder if anyone else would be interested in joining a new list.
    >>
    >>My suggestion would be to create a list in eGroups, for discussion of
    >>evolution and related philosophical, social, ethical and religious issues.
    >>However, to avoid the senseless and interminable "evolution vs creation"
    >>debates which fill so much of the Reflector, creationists/IDers would be
    >>discouraged from joining the new list. This would probably result in far
    >>fewer posts, but those posts are likely to be a lot more constructive.
    >>
    >>Is anyone else interested in this idea?

    Brian Harper:
    >Well, maybe. Will you accept an old bald fat ugly Republican Southern Baptist
    >Professor?

    of course. Do you know one? :-)

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/