Re: Peer-review article submissions

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 16:08:40 EST

    >>>Elsberry: I wonder what "articles" Jonathan Wells could have been talking
    about?

    At
    <http://www.discovery.org/viewDB/index.php3?program=CRSC%20Responses&command=v

    iew&id=450>,
    Mike Behe recounts his experience in trying to get a "reply to critics" text
    published in research journals. Nowhere does Behe seem to say anything about
    submitting actual research to a peer-reviewed research journal and having it
    rejected. And even if Behe or someone else did have such an experience, it
    needs to be put in the
    context of how often an ordinary research paper gets rejected by those same
    journals.

    DNAunion: The problem is not that Behe was rejected: that happens all the
    time to scientists. The "problem" is the grounds/reasons given by the
    journals for rejecting Behe's material.