RE: Dembski's Meta-News post attracts faculty attention

From: Keith Littleton (littlejo@vnet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 10:08:07 EDT

    The below press release that Richard Wein just posted is strange.
    Either Dembski is being incredible stupid or he is
    deliberately trying to get himself fired from his Baylor
    position by insulting and provoking the people that hired
    him. Once fired, he can portray himself as the "Velikovsky"
    of Intelligent Design being persecuted for his ideas.

    Personally, I am beginning wonder that Dembski, faced with
    having to submit his ideas to peer review, which he knows
    they will not survive, is now looking for a way out of the
    his Baylor position. I have to wonder he if wants to be fired,
    so he can use his failed attempt to use Baylor University
    for political, rather than scientific purposes, for a book
    detailing how badly persecuted the proponents of intelligent
    design are and how the lack of published papers is do to
    prejudice on the part of nasty evilutionists who will stoop
    to nothing to prevent proponents of ID from publishing
    stuff. I see someone turning himself into a martyr to
    the cause of ID.

    For background go to:

    http://www.calvin.edu/archive/evolution/200010/0500.html

    Yours,