Re: ID *does* require a designer! (but it does not need to identify who or what he/it is)

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 12:51:56 EDT

    From: Stephen E. Jones <sejones@iinet.net.au>
    Date: 18 August 2000 00:07
    Subject: Re: ID unfalsifiable? (was Designed Designers?)

    [start extract]
    >RW: The hypothesis with which we're concerned here, the "ID hypothesis", is
    the assertion that "an intelligent designer was involved in the origin of
    life"(or something like that).

    >Maybe Richard should take a bit more time to find out first what exactly it
    is he is claiming to refute. As I have stated a number of times recently, the
    "ID hypothesis" is not about "an intelligent designer" but about intelligent
    *design*.
    [end extract]

    > Richard Wein:So Stephen did not state "ID does not require a designer" in
    so many words. But that's the only logical way to interpret his reply.

    DNAunion: Absolutely not. The *most* logical way to read the statement
    (which means that another of your claims is wrong, i.e., that there is *only
    one* logical way to interpret his reply) is just as he stated elsewhere: the
    focus of the ID position is not on the *intelligent designer*, but on the
    detection of *intelligent design*. Get it yet?