Re: Nice ad hominem (was The Wedge Project)

From: Susan Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:40:27 EDT

    >In a message dated 10/8/2000 4:48:54 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    >Bertvan@aol.com writes:
    >
    >> SJ I did not say anything about Susan personally except that she "gives the
    >> >impression that this is the first time she had heard of it..." which is
    >> honestly
    >> >how it seemed, to me at least.
    >>
    >> Bertvan:
    >> Susan now has something better than merely calling those who disagree with
    > > her liars.

    FMAJ:
    >Please explain?

    she means now I not only call people who "disagree with me" liars but
    mentally ill as well. All of this has nothing to do, of course, with
    pointing out when someone deliberately deceives. And she is
    convinced, of course, that I would only do this with people who
    "disagree with me." And that people who "disagree with me" never
    actually lie, but I only call them liars *because* they "disagree
    with me."

    And I strongly believe that if Bertvan (or any other
    anti-evolutionist) ever caught an opponent in an overt falsehood she
    (and they) would be on it like white on rice.

    Susan

    --

    I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/