Re: Examples of natural selection generating CSI

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 01:07:01 EDT

    In a message dated 10/9/2000 4:52:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
    rwein@lineone.net writes:

    > >DNAunion: OOL researchers have never backed up their claims that life
    > arose
    > >naturally on Earth with any undirected, synthesis in the whole,
    > >prebiotically-plausible experiments.
    >
    > To quote my recent response to you:
    >
    > "OOL researchers are *not* claiming to have scientific evidence of OOL.
    > Dembski *is* claiming to have scientific evidence of ID. Important
    > difference. (Didn't I already make this point to you on the ARN board?)"

    Not only that but using the "well they do it so Dembski should be allowed to
    do it" is hardly a defence. But you are correct that if Dembski is making
    this claim then he should back up his claims, irregardless of claims made by
    OOL reseachers.

    > >>Richard Wein: Nor has he been willing to clarify the method of the Design
    > >Inference.
    > >
    > >DNAunion: Nor have OOL researchers ever clarified the processes that led to
    > >the OOL.
    >
    > This is silly. Dembski claims to have a method for detecting design and to
    > have used this method to detect ID. OOL researchers do not claim to know the
    > processes that led to the OOL.

    Again very true.