Re: Examples of natural selection generating CSI

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 02:23:10 EDT

    DNAunion: Once again, I see many "counter arguments" to the arguments levied
    against ID.

    >Richard Wein: Dembski has never backed up his claims with any calculation.

    DNAunion: OOL researchers have never backed up their claims that life arose
    naturally on Earth with any undirected, synthesis in the whole,
    prebiotically-plausible experiments.

    >Richard Wein: Nor has he been willing to clarify the method of the Design
    Inference.

    DNAunion: Nor have OOL researchers ever clarified the processes that led to
    the OOL.

    >Richard Wein: His silence on these subjects is very telling.

    DNAunion: The silence of the OOL researchers is very telling.

    >Richard Wein: Even within the inner circle of the ID movement it seems that
    there are major disagreements over the Design Inference.

    DNAunion: Even within the inner circle of OOL research there are major
    disagreements over the OOL.

    >Richard Wein: No doubt Dembski and his supporters will try to brazen it out.

    DNAunion: No doubt OOL researchers will try to "brazen" it out.

    >Richard Wein: But sooner or later their bogus claims will go the way of the
    YEC Paluxy River track claims.

    DNAunion: But sooner of later OOL researchers' bogus claims will go the way
    of the spontaneous generation claims.

    >Richard Wein: Those who've supported the Design Inference will be left with
    egg on their faces.

    DNAunion: Those who've supported purely-natural OOL will be left with egg on
    their faces.

    >Richard Wein: My impression has been that Stephen generally steers clear of
    the subject of the Design Inference and CSI.

    DNAunion: My impression has been that most anti-IDists steer clear of the
    subject of the OOL.

    >Richard Wein: This is quite sensible, as he has probably not read "The
    Design Inference."

    DNAunion: This is quite sensible, as they have probably not read about the
    problems with the RNA world and self-replicators first scenarios; or those
    associated with self-organizing, non-information based metabolism first
    scenarios, etc.

    >Richard Wein: My suggestion to Stephen is that he avoid the subjects of the
    Design Inference and CSI like the plague, if he doesn't want to be one of
    those with egg on his face. ;-)

    DNAunion: My suggestion is that anti-IDists should continue to avoid the
    subject of the OOL like the plague, if they don't want to be one of those
    with egg on their face ;-)