Re: Examples of natural selection generating CSI

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Mon Oct 09 2000 - 03:49:58 EDT

    From: DNAunion@aol.com <DNAunion@aol.com>

    >DNAunion: Once again, I see many "counter arguments" to the arguments
    levied
    >against ID.
    >
    >>Richard Wein: Dembski has never backed up his claims with any calculation.
    >
    >DNAunion: OOL researchers have never backed up their claims that life
    arose
    >naturally on Earth with any undirected, synthesis in the whole,
    >prebiotically-plausible experiments.

    To quote my recent response to you:

    "OOL researchers are *not* claiming to have scientific evidence of OOL.
    Dembski *is* claiming to have scientific evidence of ID. Important
    difference. (Didn't I already make this point to you on the ARN board?)"

    >>Richard Wein: Nor has he been willing to clarify the method of the Design
    >Inference.
    >
    >DNAunion: Nor have OOL researchers ever clarified the processes that led to
    >the OOL.

    This is silly. Dembski claims to have a method for detecting design and to
    have used this method to detect ID. OOL researchers do not claim to know the
    processes that led to the OOL.

    [...]

    Richard Wein (Tich)
    "Do the calculation. Take the numbers seriously. See if the underlying
    probabilities really are small enough to yield design."
      -- W. A. Dembski, who has never presented any calculation to back up his
    claim to have detected Intelligent Design in life.