Re: Future of this list?

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (susanb@telepath.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 22:42:07 EDT

    >Terry Gray:

    >I'm seriously considering shutting down the evolution list in the near
    >future. My distance from Calvin College (the host institution) is
    >increasing and consequently they are wanting to see someone local take over
    >the management of the list or to have it relocated.
    >
    >I am in the process of relocating the archives to the ASA server
    >(www.asa3.org/archive/evolution) and would plan to continue to make them
    >available.
    >
    >It seems to me that there are plenty of forums where this discussion can
    >continue, possibly even moving some of it to the ASA list. Although we
    >haven't settled exactly on what to do, it is likely that the ASA list will
    >continue, but not at Calvin--probably through the ASA server.
    >
    >Let me hear from you, either on the list itself or via email to me privately.

    I'm torn. On the one hand there are really only two full-time ID supporters
    on this list--Jones and Bertvan--and we've talked them half to death. It
    might be time to move on. On the other hand, I've trolled around quite a
    few evol/crea lists and don't care for the incivility I often see there.
    This list list is reasonably polite and that's nice. (I'm assuming DNAUnion
    and his flamethrower is a temporary or at least singular phenomenon.) I've
    considered joining the ASA list. I think "creation 'science'" is completely
    out of gas and the only people who argue for it now are usually emotionally
    disturbed. (And I don't mean that as pejorative as it sounds. Has anyone
    here heard of Laurie Appleton?) Therefore I want to debate the most recent
    permutation of creationism which is ID and which for the time being has
    proponents who are worth talking to.

    Susan

    --------

    Always ask. Hang out with people who make you laugh. Love as many people as
    you can. Read everything you can get your hands on. Take frequent naps.
    Watch as little television as you can stand. Tell people what you want. Do
    what you love as much as you can. Dance every day.
    --------
    Please visit my website:
    http://www.telepath.com/susanb