Re: The Future for ID

From: Nucacids@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 02:56:48 EDT

    In a message dated 10/5/00 6:14:50 PM Dateline Standard Time, FMAJ1019 writes:

    << Nope but they are working on pathways.>>

    So? And what does this experimentally verify?

    >Can teleology be similarly tested and verified?

    What is being verified with abiogenesis?

    >That perhaps the data needed to verify origins of life might be gone forever
    might >mean that this case science will have to accept "we don't know for
    sure".

    And what is it that we don't know for sure?

    >>How have they experimentally verified the RNA world?

    >That's a different questions from: Can it be verified experimentally.

    Can it? How?

    >They are the best explanations,

    You are entitled to your opinion.

    >the mechanisms are observed to happen

    Observed to do what?

    >and the evidence shows support for the evolution (genetic, fossil).

    Irrelevant.

    >So yes, it can be verified

    How?

    >and so far the data strongly supports the mechanisms.

    Outline the data that supports the darwinian evolution of birds (I accept the
    common descent of birds with reptiles, thus focus on the evidence that speaks
    exclusively to the Darwinian mechanism behind it).

    >Can teleology provide with a experimentally verifiable pathway ?

    Are you asking for the lab notes?

    Mike