Re: The Future for ID

From: FMAJ1019@aol.com
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 02:14:50 EDT

    In a message dated 10/5/2000 10:47:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    Nucacids@aol.com writes:

    > ylvisaki@erols.com writes:
    >
    > << How are scientists supposed to verify teleology experimentally?
    >
    > If they can not, are you writing about science? >>
    >
    > Good questions. Let's consider the current state. How have scientists
    > experimentally verified that life arose from non-life through
    > non-teleological
    > mechanisms?

    Nope but they are working on pathways. Can teleology be similarly tested and
    verified? That perhaps the data needed to verify origins of life might be
    gone forever might mean that this case science will have to accept "we don't
    know for sure".

    How have they experimentally verified the RNA world?

    That's a different questions from: Can it be verified experimentally.

    > NucacidsL How have they experimentally verified the origin of basic
    > housekeeping
    > machines (like ribosomes) as the products of random mutation and
    > natural selection? How have they experimentally verified that is was
    > random
    > mutation and natural selection that evolved birds from reptiles? Tell us
    > how
    > it is
    > done (after all, these are consensus views in science).

    They are the best explanations, the mechanisms are observed to happen and the
    evidence shows support for the evolution (genetic, fossil). So yes, it can be
    verified and so far the data strongly supports the mechanisms. Can teleology
    provide with a experimentally verifiable pathway ?