Re: muliplte persona alert!

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 10:47:42 EDT

    GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY! DNAunion has sent more than 18 posts on this
    subject! I know because I counted them as I deleted them (I scanned the
    first couple). Posting a note to the list is enough. You don't have to send
    duplicate posts to individuals.

    I asked Huxter for his evidence and he provided it. It *is* very
    compelling. So bluster all you want. What I said (in jest, actually)
    stands.

    >>Susan: Creationism = "God created everything in the form we see it in today.
    >>Nothing evolved over time."
    >>
    >>ID = "God (or *wink* *wink* someone else) created bacteria flagellum in the
    > form we see it in today. It didn't evolve over time."
    >
    >DNAunion: So you admit your ignorance of ID openly - that's refreshing!
    >
    >ID is not tied to God, as you claim in your self-concocted definition.

    The Discovery Institute and all of the major ID proponents disagree with
    you--as do I.

    >Evolutionist: believes that retaining the most fit and eliminating the least
    >fit will improve a species
    >
    >Nazi: believes that retaining the most fit and eliminating the least fit will
    >improve the species

    You might find this site very entertaining--I certainly did.
    http://www.don-lindsay-archive.org/skeptic/arguments.html

    it is a list of fallacious arguments. I liked this one a lot:

    Straw Man (Fallacy Of Extension):

              attacking an exaggerated or caricatured version of your
              opponent's position.

              For example, the claim that "evolution means a dog giving birth
              to a cat."

              Another example: "Senator Jones says that we should not fund
              the attack submarine program. I disagree entirely. I can't
              understand why he wants to leave us defenseless like that."

              On the Internet, it is common to exaggerate the opponent's
              position so that a comparison can be made between the
              opponent and Hitler.

     I am aware that the conclusions arrived at in this work will be denounced
    by some as highly irreligious; but he who denounces them is bound to shew
    why it is more irreligious to explain the origin of man as a distinct
    species by descent from some lower form, through the laws of variation and
    natural selection, than to explain the birth of the individual through the
    laws of ordinary reproduction.

    ---Charles Darwin

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/