Re: muliplte persona alert!

From: Chris Cogan (ccogan@telepath.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 02:11:47 EDT

    At 10:35 PM 10/03/2000, you wrote:
    > >Huxter: Be wary of imposters and posters using mulitple names to appear
    >to have support - nucacids and >DNAunion appear to be the same person, and it
    >also appears that 'Mike B. Gene' may be making a >comeback under a different
    >name.
    > >
    > >The ARN discussion board was shut down in part due to the fact that ID
    >advocates were posting under >multiple identities which, big surprise, heaped
    >accolades on each other (which were in fact themseves!).
    >
    > >> Susan: what!? creationists being dishonest?!
    >
    > >>DNAunion: What? Atheistic Nazi's not being able to distinguish between ID
    >and Creationism!

    >DNAunion: Yes, I agree that Huxter's implications and Susan's comments were
    >totally uncalled for and very insulting. As has been shown, Huxter's claims
    >about me are totally false.
    >
    >Susan did not need to here the evidence - she simply assumed that I and the
    >others are guilty.

    Chris
    No, she didn't. She merely made a quip, based on the historical and fairly
    blatant tendency of many creationists to

    1. Quote out of context.
    2. Quote things that people did not say.
    3. Modify quotes to change their meaning.
    4. Lie about facts that they could check for themselves (such as physics,
    computer science, information theory, chemistry, genetics, biology, etc.)
    5. Lie about what evolutionists claim.
    6. Grossly and willfully misrepresent (i.e., lie about) evolutionary theory
    in order to have a version stupid enough to refute easily -- and then claim
    (dishonestly) to have refuted naturalistic evolutionary theory, even though
    the theory they refuted is not one that any serious evolutionist holds.
    7. Etc.

    I will agree with Susan's implication that their actual evidence is pretty
    pathetic. If they actually *did* have strong and relevant arguments, they
    would not need to bother with such dishonesty.

    >And on top of her assumption based on not a single shread
    >of evidence,

    Chris
    She didn't offer any, that's true, but she has no interest in you to speak
    of; she was merely using Huxter's post to make a point. However, if she
    chose to, she could offer *reams* of evidence, from this list alone, from
    the sites of creationists, from the books written by creationists, and so
    on. There is no dearth of evidence in this area. Indeed, the problem would
    be to decide which evidence to leave out.

    >Susan then adds injury to insult by calling me a Creationist and
    >dishonest (not to mention her later implication that my/our arguments are
    >based on ignorance). I am not a Creationist and do not appreciated being
    >called one as an insult - as Susan obviously intended. Furthermore, I am not
    >dishonest, and I do not appreciate having such things said about me. Yes,
    >FMAJ, I agree with you - their unprovoked and unfounded comments were
    >insulting and uncalled for. Thanks for seeing the truth and not taking the
    >side of your friends over that of truth (sarcasm intended)
    >
    >I notice that no one said a word to Susan for her unprovoked insults of me
    >and the others?

    Chris
    This is probably because everyone except you recognized (instantly!) that
    her remark was not aimed at you personally.

    >But when I - the outsider - returned the favor all hell
    >broke loose.

    Chris
    Could this be because, despite the obvious jocularity of Susan's remark,
    *your* remarks were anything *but* jocular? I personally think it could.

    >You people blindly follow your self-imposed double standards.
    >Too bad you can't just face your opponents honestly - that you have to resort
    >to underhanded tactics.

    Chris
    I thought Susan was being *quite* honest. :-)

    Face it: You got upset over a casual quip that was not even aimed at you,
    but merely happened to be in a post that mentioned you (through no fault of
    hers), and then you responded in a way that was *not* casual and that *was*
    personal. If you want to complain, you should be complaining to Huxter,
    because *he* was the one who possibly incorrectly suggested that you might
    be posing as two people.