Re: Posting from other resources

From: DNAunion@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 02 2000 - 00:36:31 EDT

    >FMA: I was working under the assumption of fair use. I was not aware that
    public
     mailing lists and website discussion forums fell under a different category.
     If that is the case or if this is against board policy then I have to
     apologize for referencing such groups and will refrain from quoting them. It
     is and it was certainly not my intention to embarass people on this group or
     to violate the board rules.

    DNAunion: Perhaps I was not totally clear. I was not meaning to sound so
    authoritative or condeming of your actions. My intent was to head off any
    future "yeah, well DNAunion also said ..." comments.

    I frequently venture outside my strong areas in an attempt to become more
    well-rounded: and being shown exactly why I am wrong by others not only helps
    me to learn, but it also speeds the learning process (they already know the
    answers, so can respond faster than I can do all kinds of web searchers).
    And since I wish to learn as more, as easily, and as quickly as possible, I
    am not too proud to be shown my errors in many different areas.

    Unfortunately, outsiders (non-ARN regulars) do not know from reading a single
    thread whether or not I am being the "teacher" or the "pupil". Any of my
    "pupil" quotes ("here's my idea, what's wrong with it?") presented at this
    site without labled as such could give the appearance that I am a "nitwit" in
    ALL areas. Obviously, I wish to avoid that.