Re: A Baylor Scientist on Dembski

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@cab.com)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 14:22:25 EDT

    Chris Cogan wrote:

    >>There could be roundabout evolutionary paths that are microevolutionary
    >>all the way. But for the Cambrian explosion, the time factor, the geological
    >>suddenness, weighs against that possibility.
    >
    >Chris
    >Not with small organisms that are replicating rapidly in an environment
    >with constantly-appearing new ecolological niches.

    It's possible. But the geological evidence suggests otherwise. The very
    earliest vertebrates in the fossil record are fishes whose anatomical
    complexity was equal to or greater than that of modern fishes. When
    you see suddenness and you claim gradualness (what a horrible word)
    I think you have some explaining to do.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  415-648-0208  ~  cliff@cab.com