Re: A Baylor scientist on Dembski

From: Susan Brassfield Cogan (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2000 - 12:50:06 EDT

    >Richard:
    >>But I guess you are referring to higher levels of macroevolution. Since we
    >>know that speciation occurs, and the fossil record shows patterns of small
    >>changes building up into larger changes over long periods of time, the onus
    >>is on anti-evolutionists to show that some barrier exists which prevents
    >>small changes from building up in this way.
    >
    >Bertvan:
    >Hi Richard, artificial selection is many times more efficient than natural
    >selection.

    Is this assertion based on anything but your opinion? What makes natural
    selection any less efficient?

    >I wonder how many generations without producing anything but
    >deformed fruit flies before scientists begin to suspect the existence of such
    >a barrier?

    those "deformed fruit flies" have already evolved into a new species in the
    lab. What barrier? This argument is false and right out of the Little
    Creationist Handbook.

    Susan

    The most important human endeavor is the striving for morality in our
    actions. Our inner balance and even our very existence depend on it. Only
    morality in our actions can give beauty and dignity to life.
    --Albert Einstein

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/