Re: A Baylor Scientist on Dembski

From: Richard Wein (rwein@lineone.net)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 15:49:42 EDT

    From: Susan Brassfield Cogan <Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu>

    Bertvan:

    >>Cliff:
    >>> They will also use it to justify the
    >>>way that they aim their arguments at the public and politicians,
    bypassing
    >>>the scientific community--another sign of the propagandist nature of
    their
    >>>campaign. In doing so, they will ignore the possibility that the paper
    was
    >>>rejected simply because it lacked scientific merit.
    >>

    >Bertvan:
    >>I agree. The journal can hardly be accused of intolerance when they
    >promosed
    >>to consider a paper on ID within another 1000 years--if it has merit.
    >
    >Cliff should consider a lucrative job with the Psychic Hotline. You just
    >did exactly what he said ID proponents would do.

    This was a misattribution by Bertvan. She was quoting *me*, not Cliff. As
    for a job with Psychic Hotline... I've submitted a telepathic application
    and I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

    By the way, I should clarify that I cc'ed my earlier post to Cliff Hamrick,
    who presumably "replied to all", so his reply came to the Reflector. I don't
    think he is a subscriber to the Reflector.

    Richard Wein (Tich)