Re: A Question of Abiogenesis

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@cab.com)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 13:18:00 EDT

    Steven P Crawford wrote:

    >Those that did have mechanisms for escaping the new life species would
    >have kept on replicating, and thus the population of predator & prey
    >should have reached some type of equilibrium.

    In an established ecosystem we think of predation as being a help,
    weeding out the unfit; and we think it natural that an equilibrium should
    arise. But abiogenesis is different, it could be a one-time event.
    As such it doesn't fit with either evolutionary or steady-state thinking.

    >That the advent of the first lifeform was a singularity would seem to
    >favor ID more than Darwinism.

    Darwinism doesn't explain the original abiogenesis, it only explains
    the process that abiogenesis began. While ID, as usual, explains
    everything; then, now, and forever.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  415-648-0208  ~  cliff@cab.com