Re: Mike Behe: Response to critics concerning peer-review

From: Brian D Harper (bharper@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 06 2000 - 00:17:30 EDT

    At 03:04 PM 8/5/00 -0400, Steve C wrote:

    >After reluctantly getting onto Stephen for my perceived inconsistencies
    >of some of his ideas, I really loved making comments about this person's
    >mixing of faith and science.

    I was also going to make some comments about the reviews but have
    changed my mind. Looking at the web page where the responses
    were posted I did not find any mention of obtaining permission of the
    authors to publish their communications. Perhaps Behe obtained
    that permission and didn't mention it (or perhaps he did and I missed
    it).

    In any event, I do not feel it appropriate to respond to private communication
    published without permission.

    Again, its possible that Mike received permission and didn't mention it. Or
    perhaps he did and I missed it. If so, then I sincerely apologize to Mike for
    bringing it up.

    Brian Harper
    Associate Professor
    Mechanical Engineering