Re: anti-evolutionists booted out

From: Susan Brassfield (susanb@telepath.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 20:38:38 EDT

    At 07:36 AM 08/04/2000 +0800, you wrote:
    >Reflectorites
    >
    >On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:05:14 -0500, Susan Brassfield Cogan wrote:
    >
    >First things first. On Wed, 26 Jul 2000 I wrote:

    >[...]
    >
    >BTW what does this mean:
    >
    >On Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:43:52 -0500, Susan *Brassfield Cogan* wrote:
    >
    >Are congratulations in order?

    Sorry, I hadn't responded yet.

    Yes. *Some* people think I write *really* persuasive e-mails! :-)

    >I apologise if I missed a response.
    >
    >SB>In case there's anyone left who hasn't heard this:
    > >
    > >http://www.wichitaeagle.com/news/elections/docs/boe0802web_txt.htm
    > >
    > >And of course I can't resist the opportunity to say to Stephen:
    > >
    > >TOLD YOU SO!!!
    >
    >Told me so what? Did I ever say that I thought that the YECs would win? I
    >thought it was an outside chance, but unlikely given that YEC is a minority
    >position among the general public.

    that the Kansans would boot their bony butts off the School Board at the
    very next opportunity.

    >All along I have shared the ID movement's position that *more* (not less)
    >should be taught about evolution, namely its underlying philosophical
    >assumptions, and its many problems
    >
    >So from that perspective, this is the best possible result for *ID*,
    >even if it is bad for YECs.
    >
    >Now the new Board will have to implement the proposed standards *in
    >full*, and that will expose in full view to the public gaze, what
    >macroevolution really is, and will permit a full public debate on the
    >evidence for it, the controversies even among evolutionists about the
    >mechanism(s), and the materialistic-naturalistic assumptions underlying it.

    Kansas University has made a pledge to expand evolution education.
    Ignorance of evolution is what keeps creationism alive. The
    materialistic-naturalistic assumptions are a given. You aren't going to
    gain anything by exposing what is widely known to be basic and necessary
    for science. Anything else is phrenology.

    Susan