Re: 1. Mike Behe's letter to SCIENCE, 2. Provine & Gish's letters, 3. Less of my posts!

From: Steve Clark (ssclark@facstaff.wisc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 11:06:07 EDT

    At 11:24 AM 07/14/2000 -0700, billwald@juno.com wrote:
    > > but rather it is because he argues that "intelligent design in biology
    >.... is
    > >empirically detectable":
    >
    >Why, then, doesn't he suggest a method? He only talks in generalities.

    He does suggest a method. Mike says that ID is detectable by irreducible
    complexity.

    >Why would the detection of ID in biology be different than ID in other
    >areas?

    I don't think Mike makes this claim.

    Steven S. Clark, Ph.D.
    Associate Professor of Human Oncology and
    Member, UW Comprehensive Cancer Center
    University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
    600 Highland Ave, K4/432
    Madison, WI 53792

    Office: (608) 263-9137
    FAX: (608) 263-4226