Re: Scientists changing their philosophy to fit the data.

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 13:14:47 EDT

    2) A majority of scientists believe that methodological naturalism is a
    ground-rule for science, a strong line of demarcation. They believe
    that any hypothesis about physical events or historical developments
    which include the possibility of extra-natural causation must
    _a_priori_ be rejected as unworthy of "scientific" consideration. I
    think they are wrong about that philosophical point. I've discussed
    this point in other posts, so I won't do that here.
    <<<

    This is two seperate problems - historical data and current physical
    events.

    A. There is no way to test historical data. We could have been seeded by
    God and/or space aliens but
    God and/or space aliens lost interest and left this galaxy there is no
    pragmatic importance either way.

    B. If God and/or space aliens are currently messing with us the effect
    should be detectable, should it not?

    billwald@juno.com

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.